Painting on location - Plein Air





“Painting on location
enhances the process of editing and composing any subject I would want to paint, either en plein air or in the studio from photos. As much as I enjoy the shapes of the chosen subject, I find myself equally attracted to the shape of space that is around them, which will make or break how the painting reads or conveys an emotion. I also use color, and composition to convey time and place of the subject matter and how I feel about it. I attribute this skill to an enthusiasm for what I see, and a daily practice in the art field".

 The South Dakota Arts Council awarded Nancyjane an Artist's Grant to further her work regarding the landscape in contemporary times. 
Nancyjane is a Signature Artist of the National Oil and Acrylic Painter's Society, with a history of being "juried-in" top national / international art exhibitions, by such noted jurors as National Artist Marilyn Simandle &  former Editor-in-chief of The American Artist Magazine, M. Stephen Doherty.

Popular Posts